ALTEN offers a wide range of options to tailor the solution to the specific needs of each client in terms of two main criteria:
- level of commitment (means or results)
- level of outsourcing: onsite at the client's facilities or partially or entirely outsourced at ALTEN's facilities
Depending on the client's priorities, ALTEN can assist in different ways:
- Consulting services, where ALTEN provides the following types of expertise under the supervision of an ALTEN manager:
- functional : by assisting owners and IT departments on project phases requiring a good understanding of the client's organisation, needs and industry
- technical : by building capacity during the design and research phases or by providing specialised technological expertise
- support : by providing full-service prime contracting support to help manage the different components of a project (planning, quality, cost control, supplier management, etc.) or to assist the client with change management, through training, for example.
- Project services:
- Work package management, in which we provide our clients with our technical know-how (i.e., project engineers) and logistical support (i.e., facilities, professional software, secure communications, etc.). The work package plan provides our clients with a structured, multidisciplinary team led by a project manager with levels of commitment defined with our clients beforehand.
- Fixed-rate contract; with a quality-cost-deadline approach based on technical specifications and specific deliverables. Under the responsibility of the technical department, a project team led by a programme manager and a technical manager takes charge of the project throughout all of its phases, from the request for proposals to delivery milestones and the acceptance process, all the way through to the end of the warranty period.
Project services account more than 50% of ALTEN's current business. Depending on client needs, ALTEN can:
- deploy complex project organisations, for example as part of transnational projects requiring intensive coordination with several client R&D teams in different countries for a given project
- use one of its offshore solutions to improve productivity on certain phases of a project.
ALTEN project teams control the quality of deliverables supplied by these offshore teams, which have proven experience in several countries, in India and Romania for example.